Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dead Loop

I was back at Loop thee days this past week.  Last Saturday where the Brambling and American Golden Plover were the highlights. First thing Tuesday morning I was back to see the Red-breasted Flycatcher that was found by my old friend Tony Mee the previous day.  And yesterday, saturday 3rd November where strong winds and lots of rain kept migrants away or skulking in the undergrowth. A few hours spent watching off the Bridges of Ross only produced one immature Sabine's Gull passing with kittiwakes, along with one Great Northern Diver at sea with four more in bays around the headland and two Common Scoter also at sea.  The juvenile American Golden Plover was still in the Horse Fields at the Bridges of Ross with the small flock of Golden Plover.  I stopped off at Moyasta Creek on my way home where one of the Spotted Sandpipers was still present.  He might over-winter?


This was the one and only photograph I got last Tuesday morning of the first winter Red-breasted Flycatcher in Gibson's garden, Loop Head © John N Murphy

1 comment:

  1. Lovely shot there Murf. Still need that wee fella for my Irish list, preferably in Cork! ;-)

    ReplyDelete