Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cape Clear August 2011

I'm just back after a week of glorious sunshine on the tropical Island of Cape Clear in south west Cork, where I was giving a Birdwatch Ireland Photographic Course on Wildlife. I would like to thank the 14 participants who attended the course for making the week so enjoyable and interesting.  Also a special thanks to Steve and Mary at the Observatory for putting up with us all for the week and to the residents of the island for their hospitality.  All the participants got great photographs of a wide variety of wildlife and we ran a competition to see who came up with the best shots.  Hopefully once Steve has decided on the best pics taken during the course, the photographers will give me permission to post them on my blog so you all can see the results.  In the meantime here are a few of my own.

 Sooty Shearwater
 Green-veined White Butterfly
 Ichnemon Insect
 Fulmar in flight
 Orb Spider
 Common Lizard
 Field Grasshopper
 Speckled Wood Butterfly
 The Vapourer Moth Caterpillar
Adult Gannet flying

No comments:

Post a Comment